Haven't seen a "protective coating" conversation for awhile... so what's the best? via /r/cars


Haven’t seen a “protective coating” conversation for awhile… so what’s the best?

tl;dr: Waxing, protective coating, ceramic / nano / polymer coating, etc? What options are there, and which is best??

Howdy! I am just starting to marvel at the idea of a ceramic coating, but it might be this German’s mellow video explaining it.

I don’t lease, and don’t imagine getting rid of my car. I bought it and had the dealer do a spendy hood and side 3M coating. I’ve got a bit of a ding in the coating itself on the front of my hood, so I’ve rabbit holed about detailing it, then reapplying a new coating.

It seems that the XPEL “acts” the best both with protection and looks? It seems to be the thinnest, and it glistens beautifully, while offering great protection.

But in researching, I haven’t seen much recent discussion, and I assume there’s more options than ever? I thought a new thread on this might not hurt. Cheers and thanks!



via Autobuzz Today

Comments