My car will hit 300,000 miles this spring, advice on preventive maintenance so I can make it to a half a million via /r/cars


My car will hit 300,000 miles this spring, advice on preventive maintenance so I can make it to a half a million

Hey guys I have a 2011 Honda Civic 1.8 L automatic transmission car that I drive for work so I put a lot of miles on it, typically about a hundred and five thousand a year.

A couple weeks ago - for the first time ever - the car left me stranded on the side of the road when a hose that leads to the throttle body busted and all the coolant leaked out.

No big deal. I just start to wonder though if I should do preventive maintenance so the car can hopefully making a couple of more years.

So currently I do all the standard maintenance including fluids like oil, coolant, transmission fluid. Serpentine belt, etc. Should I concern myself with replacing things like the water pump, the timing chain/tensioner, and the starter?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Preventive maintenance is key because I travel to rule areas often without cell phone signal so I like to stay on the road lol



via Autobuzz Today

Comments