My Engine Oil Smell Like Gas and is Very Thin. Help Please! via /r/cars


My Engine Oil Smell Like Gas and is Very Thin. Help Please!

Hey guys,

Went to Costco today to get a oil change on my 2015 IS250 (35k Kms) and the tech told me when he took off the drain plug oil just started splattering out (due to pressure). He was able to catch some oil and put it in a bottle for me. It literally looked like crude oil (black and thin).

The car did not go over the recommended KMs for oil change but was stored for about 7 months from feb to sept of 17.

We brought the oil to Lexus dealer and the guy said he has seen some IS250 do this, and that this is normal. But I have a weird feeling that it is not. We are planing on driving for a very long distance tomorrow, we asked the dealer and he said more driving is actually good for the oil to become normal.

Has someone else experienced this? And should we drive this car tomorrow?



via Autobuzz Today

Comments