Poor fuel economy in my 2014 mazda 3? via /r/cars


Poor fuel economy in my 2014 mazda 3?

So i bought this mazda 3 (2.0L Skyactiv automatic) about 2 months ago and i find myself fueling up way more often than my old 2005 Optra. I don’t have bad driving habits. I calculated over 9.6L per 100/km over the last couple weeks, this being mostly highway mileage. Right now i’ve got about a quarter tank left and i haven’t passed 300 Km yet. What could be causing such poor fuel economy? My girlfriend also just bought a 2013 mazda 3 also with the Skyactiv and the computer told her she had about 600Km left after fueling up. I’ve never ever gotten that much out of a tank and we drive pretty much the same, same trips, same workplace.

Also comparing to this http://www.fuelly.com/car/mazda/3/2014?engineconfig_id=13&bodytype_id=1&submodel_id=



via Autobuzz Today

Comments