QOTD: What's the Best Halloween Movie, Car Related or Not?

qotd what s the best halloween movie car related or not

Today is Halloween. Appropriately, a spooky fog blanketed Chicago, where I make my home, earlier today.


Halloween means costumes, candy, and horror movies. I asked recently what the best fall/autumn movie was that WAS NOT a horror movie. Now, I am asking what the best horror movie is. As well as the best car-themed horror movie, or even the best car that is prominent in a horror/Halloween movie.

It's a multi-part question because, well, I was afraid Stephen King's Christine would dominate if it was just "best car-themed movie". Even the "horror car" question would probably be dominated by Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine and the Ecto-1 from the Ghostbusters franchise.

So this is open. Want to vote for a Halloween/horror movie that's car-themed? Go for it. Want to talk about a car associated with spooky movies? Feel free. Want to just talk about horror movies and ignore the automotive aspect? Fine by me.

This is where I confess I've never been a huge horror fan. When I was a kid, many of these movies scared me. When I got older and less terrified, I found many of these movies just weren't good.

That's not to say I don't totally ignore the genre. As a child of the '80s, I have always been a huge fan of Ghostbusters, including the two recent movies, though Afterlife was a bit disappointing. Other horror comedies have caught my eye over the years. And my lady friend, who is a huge horror fan, has tried to get me more into the genre. At the very least I've tried to go back and check out the classics I missed.

That's a long way of saying I don't have a favorite horror movie, though I think the first Halloween is really well done. So is the first Scream. That said, I haven't even seen Christine!

Hopefully, you've got more experience with frightening fiction than I do. Tell us about it below.

[Image: lassedesignen/Shutterstock.com]

Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.



via Autobuzz Today

Comments