QOTD: Best Car Museum

qotd best car museum

Between Corey's trip to the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville and a tweet I saw from a prominent industry person over the long weekend, I've been wondering -- what is the best car museum in the country?


Personally, I've been to the Gilmore in southwest Michigan*, the Auburn museum (and its sister museum across the parking lot) in Indiana, the Petersen in L.A., a private collection of Hondas outside of Milwaukee, and a few other, smaller museums that I don't recall the name of. The Gilmore and Auburn were part of a birthday trip for me that my lady friend put together and both are totally worth the time and money.

Taking things international -- I still remember going to Ireland on vacation with my dad when I was a teen and us stumbling across a random car museum in Killarney -- we stayed dry on a rainy afternoon as we checked the place out.

Sadly, a quick Google search wasn't helpful in determining the name of the place -- the nearest car museum that shows up is a bit out of town, and I recall this collection being within Killarney itself. Well, it was over 20 years ago, so things change.

*The Gilmore was showing a video of the Chevrolet Corvette C8 launch when we visited. Although you can't see me, I was in that video, covering the event for this very site. A bit of a surreal moment.

Anyway, I digress. And this QOTD is meant for North American car museums -- we can talk about what's across the pond some other day. Let's limit this to the U.S. and Canada since most of our readership resides in those two countries.

What's your pick?

Sound off below.

[Image: Grassmemo/Shutterstock.com]

Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.



via Autobuzz Today

Comments